Monday, February 9, 2009

Chadwick's Journal

Dear Journal,

Today was just awful. 8:00am came just a bit too early this morning, but I had to get up to keep things flowing. I mean, can you imagine how selfish it would be of me to sleep in while the others kept on going? Anyway, I felt better after we ate breakfast and worked out. Everything at school was fine too. Everyone was busy taking notes and doing their work. It made me feel so accomplished, even though I still have 12 years of school left. (I'll be 26 already!) Man, oh man; everything was weird after lunch though. Mrs. Honeycomb pulled me out of the bustling crowd and took me to the office. There were two Drones (Hivean Society Protectors) wait for me. They asked how many brothers and sisters I had. I told them there was me; my older brother, Kristopherson; my younger brother, Bartholomue; and my new brother, Maximus. They sent me back to class. When I got home with my brothers, I saw that my parents had grim expressions on their faces. Maximus ran upstairs and then into the kitchen to look for Nana. But then when he came back into the living room, I knew she was one. We had 7 in our family, one past the limit. Since Nana was too old to work, they put her into a retirement apartment. I dunno what to think. But then...I guess its the best thing for The Hive. This is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment